Jan 29, 2010

Always a Baker, Never a Bride

Celana and Shaun's Wedding Cupcake cake






















Last weekend I created my first wedding cupcake cake and it was, overall, a great success!  Everyone seemed quite taken with the results, which makes putting in all the work and time SO worth it!

The Cupcakes

The cupcake flavour was Vanilla Strawberry topped off with Vanilla buttercream icing, purple or white hand-made fondant flowers and silver or pearl sugar candies as an accent.












































The Cake
The Cake was similar in flavour, only layered: bottom layer of vanilla cake, then buttercream icing and fresh cut sugar-covered strawberries, then buttercream and finally the top layer was strawberry cake.  I covered the cake with white fondant (probably my 5th attempt to-date at covering a cake with fondant and although I'm still not great at it, I am getting better every time) and then I added a ribbon of purple fondant around the bottom edge.

To top it off: White and purple fondant flowers and silver sugar candy accents.






















The Big Day
Thank goodness I'm organized, the set up was pretty quick and painless and when the whole thing came together it looked beautiful.


Congratulations Celana and Shaun!

7 comments:

  1. Very Beautiful.....

    LOVE IS IN THE AIR AND SO IS ROMANCE AND I WISH U LOADS OF IT @ 365

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you ... it would be nice :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing!
    Adorei...Ficaram lindíssimos...Parabéns!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are so very gorgeous looking wedding cupcakes, I bet you are very proud of them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks ... yep, I felt pretty proud setting them up

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow, you did an amazing job! They look really professional.

    ReplyDelete