Jan 15, 2010

Two of My Favourite Cupcake Creations

Chocolate Strawberry Cookie Cream Cupcakes



These cupcakes were born out of my need to dispose of some very tempting and very "evil" raspberry cream cookies I had in the house and wouldn't stop eating, which for most people wouldn't be a problem but for me, while I'm in training, was a big no-no!

So I decided to make a cupcake with them and share the fruity-sweet goodness with everyone!

The flavour and texture combinations came out amazing: chocolate-strawberry with a moist cupcake top and crunchy bottom ... mmm I want to bake these again, now!

The Layers: Chocolate chip cupcake batter, a raspberry cream cookie, more batter filled 3/4 way up and then topped off with a fresh strawberry center.  Once baked the final topping was Chocolate buttercream icing and a fresh strawberry slice.




















The Results
This cupcake has probably received the best overall rave reviews of any cupcake I've ever made!  Never have I made a cupcake that every single person who had tried it not only loved it to death but they're eyes practically rolled back into their heads!

Other then my coworkers, who loved this cupcake, I think the biggest fan was Simon; he still talks about them today ... hmmm, maybe he's hinting at something?



Crème de Banane et Chocolat Blanc Cupcakes



















I altered a recipe from Julie Hasson's book, 125 Best Cupcake Recipes, to make this cupcake; the original recipe called for crème de menthe with chocolate chips.  I obviously instead used crème de banane and white chocolate chips.  I also substituted the vegetable oil for unsalted butter to give them more moisture.

I made these cupcakes for a friend's birthday and her favorite flavour was banana, hence the crème de banane.  I decorated the cupcake wiht banana flavoured buttercream and a fresh scoop of banana soaked in lemon juice to keep it from browning so quickly.






















The Results
I never imagined white chocolate and banana could taste so amazing together but these cupcakes were delicious! Working with alcohol can be tricky because it can dry out the cupcake pretty easily, especially if you over cook them. This one was definitely one of my favourite cupcakes that I've made so far and the girls loved them too!




Maxine and I with the birthday cupcakes!


Happy Baking!

5 comments:

  1. Oh what wonderfull creations in one post...delciously beautifull and splendid...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! :)

    I'm excited for my next couple of posts and next couple of months ... a lot of baking coming up!

    Happy Baking to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh wow both look delicious! Those biscuits look great in the cakes and white chocolate and banana...wow yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your blog! And those cupcakes are just too cute and look too yummy! Keep up the great work!

    -Jenniffer
    http://cupadeecakes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow, those strawberry chocolate cupcakes look SO good! I will have to try the cookie idea. Ive made oreo cupcakes before which were pretty good.

    Rose

    ReplyDelete