Feb 23, 2010
IronCupcake Earth ... February is Passion
So glad I tried this theme out because I think I've come up with one of my most mouth watering cupcakes yet - Dark Chocolate Raspberry with Strawberry!
For "passion" I decided to make a cupcake that included a few common food aphrodisiacs that would entice 'passion' such as dark chocolate, strawberry, raspberry, honey, and vanilla.
I am also proud to say that these babies are gluten-free, dairy-free (mostly) and low-fat/sugar (I substituted the sugar with honey). Even the dark chocolate had no added sugar, though it could possibly be the one thing that has a bit of dairy in it.
Dark Chocolate Raspberry Cupcake with Strawberry
- 1 cup gluten-free flour
- 1 tsp gf baking powder
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup salt-free margarine (canola oil)
- 1 egg white
- 1/4 tsp raspberry oil
- 2/3 cup fat-free soyamilk
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven at 350 degrees F.
2. In a small bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder and salt.
3. Wash and cut 12 small to medium sized strawberries, one for each cupcake cup.
4. In a larger bowl, beat together the margarine and honey until well mixed. Add egg white mixing well. Add raspberry oil.
5. Alternately beat in the flour mixture and milk, making about three additions of flour mixture and two additions of milk, beat together until smooth.
6. Scoop batter into prepared pan, just about halfway each. Add a one fresh strawberry to each cupcake cup, the batter will rise a little.
7. Bake for 22-24 minutes or until tops are browned.
8. Let cool 10 minutes in pan, then remove and cool completely on cooling rack.
1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
1. Melt chocolate in microwave on high, 20-30 seconds or until melted and smooth.
2. Pour a spoonful of chocolate over the cooled cupcake and spread until completely covered, do for each.
3. Cool cupcakes in fridge for about 10-15 or until chocolate is hard.
4. Add one fresh cut strawberry and a couple of raspberries. Drizzle left over melted chocolate over each one.
IronCupcake:Earth Prize Providers:
•The Demy™ by Key Ingredient
•Hello, Cupcake by Karen Tack & Alan Richardson
•Bella Cupcake Couture
•Cupcake Stackers by Gourmac
•The Cake Mix Doctor Returns! by Anne Byrne
•Beautiful Baking Liners by Vestli House
•Sweet Cuppin' Cakes Bakery & Cupcakey Supply
Voting will be begin no later than Sunday, February 28th at 8 p.m. at: NO ONE PUTS CUPCAKE IN A CORNER and will be open through Thursday, March 4th 12 noon.