Mar 12, 2010

Chocolate Chai Cupcakes for the Ladies


Made these lovely chocolate-chai flavoured cupcakes with cinnamon buttercream icing for a women's creative group I recently joined. I adapted the recipe from the one I found in Martha Stewarts Cupcakes book.  I used chocolate chai tea that I had in the cupboard instead of regular chai tea and I added chocolate chips to each cupcake before baking. They got rave reviews from the group!

 
Chocolate Chai Cupcakesadapted from Martha Stewart Cupcakes, p. 80

Cinnamon Buttercream

Ingredients
- 3 cups icing sugar
- 1 cup unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1-2 tsp of ground cinnamon (depending on how spicy you like it)

Directions
1. In a stand mixer on med-high speed cream butter until creamy.
2. Reduce speed and add icing (confectioner's) sugar to the butter.  Blend well until creamy
3. Add vanilla extract and continue mixing on med-high and add the cinnamon.
4. Continue mixing on medium-high until you reach the consistancy you want

9 comments:

  1. These look delish!!! How do I make the cupcakes though? I want to try them!- Trish :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. THanks Trish!

    I got the recipe from Martha Stewarts Cupcakes Book, which is why I didn't publish it, but I can do so, I'll try to this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ....and so they have rave reviews from me too!Just so darn yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooooh wow these look amazing, the texture of the cupcakes looks perfect :).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sarah-Lyn!

    Its your new cupcake friend Matt!! This is a great site!!! Love it! You should check out my blog! multimatt.tumblr.com :) Talk to you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for the wonderful compliments all! :)

    It was great meeting and chatting with you this weekend Matt! Gonna check out your site now :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute blog! I just discovered you. And these cupcakes look awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  8. j'adore tes cupcakes ils sont magnifiques et bien réalisés, bravo
    bonne journée

    ReplyDelete