Apr 6, 2010

Easter Bunnies in the Carrot Garden

For Easter I made gluten-free carrot cake cupcakes, used a recipe from Martha Stewarts Cupcakes book but you can find the original recipe here. The recipe turned out delicious, the bunnies a little morbid looking and the mini carrot gardens very cute!

The Bunnies: I used white buttercream icing, mini cupcake heads with white chocolate ears and pink sprinkles, chocolate skittle eyes, cinnamon heart noses, jelly bean feet and marshmallow bunny tails.

The Carrots: I used chocolate cookie crumbs, orange starburst and green icing.



Hoppy Easter!
____________________________________________

In August this year I will be traveling to Mozambique in Africa to work as a volunteer with Habitat for Humanity, building houses alongside people who need a decent, affordable place to live. Please visit my donation website to learn more about my trip, Habitat's work and how you can help:

Also, more news about my trip and upcoming fundraising events to come will be posted on my blog and facebook group page.


3 comments:

  1. Morbid? Those bunnies are adorable! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol! Thanks ... I guess because of thier beady little eyes and no mouths, I found them morbid but in a cute way, yes :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwww those bunny cupcakes are so so sweet, i love baking easter stuff :). love yours.

    ReplyDelete