Apr 30, 2010

Scooby-Doo and The Birthday Crew

 
Scooby-Doo has always been on my top 10 all-time favourite childhood TV shows, along with Inspector Gadget, The Care Bares, She-Ra, Astroboy, The Smurfs ... just to name a few.

I have vague memories of loving these shows very dearly at different stages of my life; I'd watch Astroboy and Inspector Gadget six in the morning, at my grandmother's house waiting to be shuffled off to school; The Care Bares - and I am not ashamed to say this - I watched well into my teens ... hey, it was the only thing to do at seven in the morning while waiting for the school bus to arrive.

Sooby-Doo I loved! I remember watching that often, I think ... hmm, well at least I do remember loving it and watching it at lunch time while eating a bowl of alphaghetti's that my mom would prepare for me.

So when a friend asked me to make birthday cupcakes for his daughter, I jumped at the opportunity to make a Scooby-Doo theme because she loves Shaggy and Scooby!
I made simple vanilla cupcakes with buttercream icing and used a variety of candies.

 How did I make them?

Shaggy Rogers: Peach buttercream icing, black icing, marshmallows (eyes), chocolate jimmies (whiskers) and colored chocolate melting wafers (hair)

Scooby-Doo: Light chocolate buttercream, blue fruit chew with yellow chocolate covered sunflower seed (collar), black jelly bean (nose), black icing, marshmallow (eyes), and caramel candy to form the ears.

Fred Rogers: Yellow chocolate melting wafers (hair), peach icing, black icing, marshmallow (eyes), blue and orange fruit chews (collar and tie)

Velma Dinkley: Peach buttercream, black icing, marshmallows (glasses), chocolate + red melting wafers (hair), orange fruit chew (collar).

Daphne Blake: Peach buttercream, orange chocolate melting wafers (hair), black icing, green fruit chew (tie).

For the Birthday Girl



P.S. I would LOVE to make Care Bare cupcakes for a kid or Astro boy cupcakes, how fun would that be! ... any takers!?!?

2 comments: