Jun 25, 2010

The Best of & for Les Coquettes


Toronto's finest burlesque troupe, Les Coquettes put on their best of show featuring a mix of the people's choice best routines from that last couple of seasons.  So I did my very best to give them the best summer cupcakes I could.

In this case we have ....
Vanilla chocolate chip cupcakes with strawberry flavour buttercream and a fresh strawberry slice

Chocolate white chocolate chip cupcakes with orange flavour buttercream and a orange slice candy
Vanilla chocolate chip cupcakes with orange flavour buttercream with a hint of cocoa, a fresh strawberry slice and an orange slice candy all wrapped up in a beautiful Vestli House wrapper

I altered the original recipe to make the chocolate cupcakes but I basically used a recipe from my Martha Stewart Cupcakes book and made buttercream for the topping.


My favourite part of the night?

 When La Minouche (also the artistic director) pulled a birthday girl from the crowd on stage with all of her girlfriends and they feed her a cupcake in the sexiest way possible ... it was hilarious! They did a great job and scored better seating as a result.

2 comments:

  1. Where did you get the cupcake stand? I have been looking for one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually got it online through Golda's Kitchen website: http://www.goldaskitchen.com/

    Not sure if they still carry that one but they have a few new ones now, I'm actually looking to buy a new one.

    If you like this one and can't find one you want I could consider selling it to you if you're in the GTA area.

    Cheers!
    SL

    ReplyDelete