Made these goodies for my best friend's wedding shower this past weekend and they were a hit. It was a surprising combination that worked and tasted great. Find the original recipe here, I made these gluten and butter free and swapped brown sugar for white sugar.
Pistachio Cupcakes with Raspberries
1 cup whole unsalted pistachios, plus 1/4 cup slivered or chopped
1.5 cups light brown sugar, loosely packed
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 canola oil
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
4 large eggs
1 cup gluten-free flour
2 cups fresh raspberries
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Line 2 mini muffin tins and 1 regular size muffin tin with paper liners.
3. Process whole pistachios in food processor until finely ground.
4. Mix in sugar and salt. Then add oil, vanilla, and eggs, and with an electric mixer combine together until smooth. Add flour and mix until just combined.
5. Divide batter among muffin cups, filling each halfway. Sprinkle 1 raspberry for the mini cupcakes and about 2-3 for regular size cupcakes; sprinkle the slivered or chopped pistachios on top.
7. Let cool in tins on wire racks. Cupcakes will keep, covered, for up to 2 days.