Jun 29, 2010
Was a Good Weekend to Avoid Toronto
This weekend was a great weekend to get out of the city of Toronto which was hosting G20. Although the weather wasn't great it was still a fantasic camping weekend for me and my Scarlet.
I went with a great group of people and that despite the cooler weather and rain we had a fantastic time. As a treat I brought my vegan smores cupcakes perfect for camping.
Vegan Smores Cupcakes
Recipe from my new favourite cupcake book, Vegan Cupcakes Take Over the World
3⁄4 cup Brown Sugar
1⁄2 cup Canola Oil
2 Tbsp Molasses
1⁄4 cup vanilla Soy Yogurt (I actually omitted this because I didn't have any on hand)
1 1⁄4 cup rice milk
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
1 cup gluten-free flour
1 tsp Baking Powder
1⁄2 tsp Baking Soda
1⁄2 tsp Cinnamon, ground
1⁄4 tsp Salt
1⁄2 cup Graham Cracker Crumbs
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Line muffin pan with cupcake liners.
2. Mix brown sugar, oil, molasses, yogurt, rice milk and vanilla in a large bowl.
3. Sift flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt into a separate bowl and mix. Add graham cracker crumbs and mix it up.
4. Add dry ingredients to the wet in three batches, mixing well after each addition.
5. Fill cupcake liners 3/4 full or almost full. Bake for 22 to 25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of one comes out clean. Let cool completely before decorating.
I used mini marshmallows, then melted dark chocolate over top and topped each one off with a piece of graham cracker.