Jun 18, 2010

We All Scream for Ice Cream Cupcakes



This work my office had our annual BBQ, which was fantastic as always, I work with some great people so it's always a good time.  My contribution to office events is always cupcakes of course.

I've been trying to find an excuse to do this for a while: bake cupcakes in ice cream cones! They are great for BBQ or any summertime type of event.

They were a big hit at BBQ and everyone who had one liked them even if they were vanilla vegan cupcakes.

I topped them off with buttercream, which is what I had at the time and didn't feel like making more, and various sprinkles.
I kept one to cut open, it looks really cool, I guess I didn't realize that it would bake like this but it filled the ice cream cone.  When eating it it was crunchy and soft at the same time ... very yummy!

Another option: If you make these and are serving them right away I would have tried topping each one off with real ice cream, then you can also try different flavours.  It would be a clever and fun way to eat cake with ice cream.
I added chocolate chips for some of the cupcakes before baking to add a little more sweetness.

Happy Summer Everyone!

2 comments:

  1. hehe so pretty :) i think im going to make some ice cream cupcakes in time for summer :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look so cute and delicious! I just bought gluten free ice cream cones for Autumn.

    I have a couple questions... Is the bake time in the cone the same as in a pan? How full were the cones with the batter before you baked them? And did you put parchment paper, or wax paper down on the pan to bake?

    ReplyDelete