Jul 30, 2010

Who Let the Dogs Out? Bad Song but Good Cupcakes


A farewell gathering to a friendly neighbour brought some folks from my old apartment building together - now this is the good life: having a sense of community - good friends, good food and cute dogs who entertain us with their antics.

In honour of Warren's farewell I made these dog-face cupcakes of each of our dogs (well, unfortunately Scarlet wasn't included) and chocolate topped extras that, well, kinda made me think of something else they could look like ... ha ha!

Here are some of the dogs ...
Chelsea and Luna (Golden Retriever)

Duke (German Shepperd/Hound)

Bette (French Bernese)
Baxter (Black Lab)

Bear (Pomeranian)

Pepsi (Poodle mix)

Bruno (Puggle)

As a gift the community gave Warren a collage portrait of all our dogs, a beautiful keepsake for his family.

Some cute dog quotes ...

There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face. ~Ben Williams


My little dog - a heartbeat at my feet. ~Edith Wharton
 
I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love. For me they are the role model for being alive. ~Gilda Radner


Scratch a dog and you'll find a permanent job. ~Franklin P. Jones


Properly trained, a man can be dog's best friend. ~Corey Ford


My goal in life is to be as good of a person my dog already thinks I am. ~Author Unknown


If dogs could talk, it would take a lot of the fun out of owning one. ~Andy Rooney


Did you ever walk into a room and forget why you walked in? I think that is how dogs spend their lives. ~Sue Murphy


In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semi human. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog. ~Edward Hoagland


The average dog is a nicer person than the average person. ~Andy Rooney


The dog wags his tail, not for you, but for your bread. ~Portuguese Proverb


I wonder what goes through his mind when he sees us peeing in his water bowl. ~Penny Ward Moser


I wonder if other dogs think poodles are members of a weird religious cult. ~Rita Rudner

3 comments:

  1. Pretty good post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed reading your blog posts. Any way I'll be subscribing to your feed and I hope you post again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much!! Sorry I couldn't respond sooner, have been traveling abroad since April 15th but I finally have some quality time with the good ol' internet.

    I will do my best to post more cupcakes and recipes when I return :)

    SL

    ReplyDelete