Sep 17, 2010

Happy National Cupcake Week


In honour of National Cupcake Week this week I baked a different batch of cupcakes everyday this week for friends, coworkers and fellow teammates.  Fortunately I didn't have to eat nearly any of them myself because I had enough events this week to spread the cupcake love around.

Monday: Red Velvet Cupcakes
(non-vegan)
These were wedding samples I made that I plan to do again in October.

Red velvet cupcakes with cream cheese icing.


Tuesday: White Cupcakes
(non-vegan)
Made a few cupcakes for my volleyball team: The Beach Slappers - don't ask.  Hopefully these cupcakes gave the boys the sugar rush they needed.
White cupcakes with semi-sweet chocolate drizzle.


Wednesday: Dark Chocolate Mint Cupcakes
(vegan)
Cupcakes for my boxing mates and coach, cause I love 'em!
Dark chocolate cupcakes with blue peppermint frosting.


Thursday:  Cinnamon Coffee Cupcakes
(partly vegan)
Cupcakes for the coworkers, a nice compliment to your morning coffee - some coffee cupcakes! When I do drink coffee in the morning, I've recently made a habit of adding a bit of cinnamon to it and it's sooooo good.
Cinnamon coffee vegan cupcakes with cinnamon cream cheese icing.


Friday: White Chocolate and Maple Cupcakes
(non-vegan)
For Michael and his family - white chocolate being his favourite chocolate and since I won't be seeing him all weekend I figured I should send him off on a sweet note.

Maple and white chocolate cupcakes with whipped Maple frosting - baked with a white chocolate Lindt chocolate inside!

National Cupcake week continues into this weekend, so have fun, bake or just eat a cupcake!

5 comments:

  1. Wow, the Friday cupcake (as well as all other) is breathtaking!
    I like very much also the Wednesday frosting - what a soft, dreamy blue colour you've achieved! :)
    Other 'days' are also very nice ideas. :)
    Can't wait to see what's coming up :P Best wishes to you, Sarah-Lyn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy cow, they all sound so good, especially the cinnamon coffee ones! And that first picture...the icing looks incredible, almost like the cupcake is topped with soft serve ice cream :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. they all look so delicious! I want a cupcake now :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I came across your blog and I must say that I LOVE the maple cupcakes :) You've inspired me! Keep up the great baking.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww, thank you! :)

    Maple is a lovely flavour, good in almost anything.

    SL

    ReplyDelete