Pretty yummy that is ... I made these minis for our monthly office Town Hall this week.
The usual suspects: chocolate cupcakes with orange flavour icing, chocolate butterscotch cupcakes with marshmallow flavour icing and peanut butter cupcakes with butterscotch flavour icing - all vegan, all very
Peanut Butter Cupcakes
3/4 cup almond milk
2 tsp apple cider vinegar
1/2 cup natural smooth (or chunky) peanut butter
1/3 cup canola oil
2/3 cup organic cane sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 tsp flaxseed meal
1 cup + 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1. Preheat oven to 350F and line muffin tin with cupcake liners.
2. In a measuring cup mix the almond milk and apple cider vinegar together and set aside to allow to curdle.
3. large bowl, whisk together the peanut butter, canola oil, sugar, vanilla, and flaxseed meal, mixing well to blend.
3. Sift in the flour, baking power, baking soda, and salt. Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients alternating with the milk. Mix well.
4. Fill liners about 2/3 of the way and bake for 22-24 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
5. Cool on racks before topping with frosting.
If you don't like frosting a nice topping would be any fruit jam - cut a cupcake in half and you have a peanut butter and jam cupcake!