Feb 4, 2011

29 on the 29th


That's right - 29 cupcakes for a guy who turned 29 on the 29th of January - it's a champagne birthday!  Each cupcake was unique in that each one represented an element of him - what he loved, hobbies, status, interests, etc.

All cupcakes and icing were vegan but some of the extras probably were not - difficult to find truly vegan candy really - either way they were all delicious or so I was told.

Here are some close up examples ...

Love for golf - watching and playing.

A Sailor in the summer.

Love for music and my guitar strummin' fella.

He (and I) love pizza! He couldn't actually figure this one out because he never puts anything green on his pizza, that's my thing.


Football! Just in time for Superbowl on Sunday (February 6th) - loves to watch and play.

Nicknamed Mr. Brightside - always smiling, always positive and looking on the bright side of things.

Now who doesn't love The Family Guy!? Heeeeeerrrrrre's Peter!


 
Cute doggy cupcake to represent my (and now his other love of his life) Scarlet. 

 Birthday balloons for the birthday boy!



The birthday Boy! Although there were some debate on whether it was him or his best friend.


Happy Champagne Birthday Mikey!



5 comments:

  1. How can we wish to this birthday Boy anything more beautiful or good-sounding, when he's already a lucky guy having a friend like you! :) This is one of the greatest gift surprises I've ever seen; so personal, so touching.
    Besides being a cupcake queen, you're a good person, Sarah. (These two things are definitely related :))) )

    Wishing you all the best and even more inspiration :)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such touching words V, thank you so much!! You truly made my night :)
    It's a great feeling to know that I can touch or inspire people so far away with just the simple works I do here ;)

    Cheers!
    SL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sarah-Lyn you never stop amazing me with your culinary imagination and yummies. These are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH MY GOD. this is the most raddest thing ever and I can't wait to steal this idea for someone's birthday. Who's birthday is next??? My boyfriend is in April... but, damn, he's gonna be 42 - that's a lot of cupcakes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. haha thanks Amey!

    42 would be a lot but you can do it, try 42 mini cupcakes instead?

    Cheers,
    SL

    ReplyDelete