Jul 29, 2011

Freah, Cool slices of Watermelon Cupcakes

Photo Source: The VT Hotel

It is hot outside today and there is nothing I like more then a cool, refreshing slice of watermelon on a hot Summer day.  It can really hit the spot when you're outside enjoying the Summer sun, it's delightful!  Now granted, when I think watermelon or eating watermelon never do I associate it with cupcake or even cake for that matter, well, until now!


My latest, greatest and perhaps sweetest Summer cupcake creation yet: vegan watermelon cupcakes.  I followed my vanilla cake recipe and substituted some watermelon flavouring for extract, added some pink colour to the batter and mini chocolate chips for the "watermelon seeds."



The icing, also watermelon flavour and vegan, I dyed green to simulate the "watermelon skin" and added some green gel to some of the cupcakes for some added texture.


They worked out very well and were greatly enjoyed by all who tried one.  When I peeled back the pink wrapper it did kind of did remind me of a watermelon slice. *Insert big smile* I was very pleased with the overall result.

Watermelon cupcake slices anyone?

3 comments:

  1. this is a great idea! and the cuppies looks delicious too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What is your recipe please??

    ReplyDelete