Aug 12, 2011

Happy, Lovely Cupcakes for the Birthday Girl


Lovely flower cupcakes for an even lovelier friend for her birthday.  Her favourite flavour, mint chocolate (also made vegan) and decorated with flowers and colours she loves.


 Chocolate mint cupcake, mint icing, fondant flower with green apple sour candy leaves and silver candy balls.


To give the flower center more texture I first coloured it in with a brown food colour marker and then sprinkled yellow sugar on top.  The flowers were just a bit too small to add chocolate wafers.


I tinted the icing here with neon green dye and added a white fondant flower, coloured in with a yellow food colour pen, trying my best to make it look as tropical as possible.  I still have some work ahead of me, with no formal training, I still have a hard time making flowers especially with fondant.  Perhaps it's time to invest in some gum paste?


My favourite flower cupcake! I got the idea online one day but never really tried it until now.  Using fondant again, I made mini roses to create a bouquet with stems made from green apple shoe string licorice.



Happy Birthday Simone!

4 comments:

  1. Thank you, Sarah-Lyn!!! These were not only beautiful, but absolutely deeeelicious as well. You are a truly talented person. Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. My pleasure!!

    I love what I do :)

    SL

    ReplyDelete
  3. these cuppies are really cute! I just want to stare at them and not eat it hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you ChinaDoll!

    Would love if you could share them lol, be my guest :)

    SL

    ReplyDelete