Sep 2, 2011

A Rainbow of Cupcakes for a Golden Birthday


For my golden birthday this year I wanted a rainbow! Well, I really just wanted to make a set of rainbow cupcakes and had wanted to ever since I saw them done by Karen Tack in her book Hello Cupcake! So, I baked one of my favourite cupcake flavours - strawberry, made with fresh organic strawberries - and topped each one off with vegan vanilla icing and each one a colour of the rainbow.


These cupcakes, which I happily baked for myself, were special in a couple of ways.  For one, their design when displayed like an artist's palette represents my love for art and painting (which I did quite often once upon a time).  And two, being that this year is my golden birthday year (I turned 31 on August 31st) it seemed appropriate to make them this way because at the end of these rainbow cupcakes is a golden birthday girl baker!


And now ... I just want to start painting again!

2 comments:

  1. What lovely color. They really look like the palatte was the perfect spot for them. This is my first visit to your site, but I'll definitely be back. I really like your blog and enjoyed the time I spent here. I hope you have a great day. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Mary, I appreciate you taking the time to visit my blog :)

    and your kind words!

    Cheers,
    SL

    ReplyDelete