Jan 22, 2012

Happy Year of the Dragon!

Happy Chinese New Year - Year of the Dragon!


I wish I could take credit for this incredible dragon design but the inspiration for this one comes from none other then the cupcake whisperer, Karen Tack.  This cupcake design, which I tried my very best to replicate, comes from her latest book, Cupcakes, Cookies & Pie, Oh My!, due out January 31st.  I was very fortunate and excited to receive an advanced copy. More about her new book coming soon!


My dragon is made up of vegan vanilla cupcakes and vegan vanilla icing but decorated with non-vegan toppings.  These toppings include, homemade candy clay, mm's, white chocolate, yellow sugar, and a wafer ice cream cone.

2012 is the year of the dragon, the water dragon to be exact! The water dragon is the only mystical creature in Chinese astrology.   Let's hope 2012 is a happy and prosperous year!

No comments:

Post a Comment