Feb 17, 2012

Love is Always Sweeter with Cupcakes


These are my heavenly vegan vanilla cupcakes for Les Coquettes Valentine's show: Salvation.  The love theme of heaven and hell was a challenge to recreate with cupcakes but so much fun to do.


Making the "angel" wings with white and and pink chocolate candy clay.  I am loving candy clay, it is so easy to make, easy to work with and tastes way better then fondant.  Almost all recipes will call for corn syrup but I like to use rice or agave syrup.  It's a little more natural and tastes just as sweet.

 Angel hearts


Heavenly roses on vanilla iced cupcakes.
 

And we of course can't have heaven without hell because frankly, for anyone who's been in love they can certainly agree that sometimes it feels like you're suffering through both. 


However, it doesn't always have to be a bad thing.  Take for instance these devilishly dark chocolate cupcakes, though they may have been inspired by hell with hell fires and all, I can assure you they tasted heavenly sweet.


Devil hearts


And sometimes love can be a bitch leaving you with a a broken heart.  But never fear! Broken-hearted, single and want to surround yourself with beautiful sexy people who make you feel special? Then I know just the spot! Les Coquettes Speakeasy series is one now and if you haven't seen this wonderful troupe put on one of their fabulous show then you my friends, are seriously missing out.  They are a fantastic crew of sexy, talented young men and women who always leave you feeling satisfied and yet, still wanting more.


And now Torontonians, you can get more of the Les Coquettes, three times more each month, as they will be performing more shows throughout the year, which also includes a dinner menu option.


For more infomration about them visit their website: www.lescoquettes.com

5 comments:

  1. these are super cute cupcakes! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cupcakes! Very creative of you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey! Just found your blog after seeing your Facebook page. Your cakes are gorgeous. Fancy checking my business blog out? Lots of cupcakes and cakey gossip! http://www.thesugarplumbakehouse.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sarah-Lyn, your cupcakes are adorable.

    I hope you don't mind, I've linked to one of your posts on my post about marigolds...
    http://mystrebergarten.blogspot.com/2012/02/calendula-giveaway.html

    You can enter my giveaway if you want!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh of course not, thank you I appreciate that.

    Great post I just saw it and it's funny, cause I was thinking about growing marigolds in my garden this year. :)

    Cheers!
    SL

    ReplyDelete