Carrot Cake Cupcakes
Original recipe from Vegan Cupcakes Take Over the World
1 cup all-purpose flour
3/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp ground ginger
2/3 cup organic cane sugar
1/3 cup canola oil
1/3 cup vanilla soy yogurt
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup grated carrots
Vegan cream cheese icing for topping dyed light green.
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Line a 12-muffin tin with cupcake liners.
2. Sift together the dry ingredients from the flour to the ground ginger in a large bowl. Fold in the carrots.
3. In a medium mixing bowl combine sugar, oil, yogurt and vanilla.
4. Fill the liners two-thirds full and bake for 26 to 28 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
5. Transfer cupcakes to a cooling rack. Once they completely cool down, top each cupcake with a generous amount of cream cheese icing.
And just for fun, vanilla raspberry swirl cupcakes
Happy Easter Long Weekend!