Aug 24, 2012

A Birthday Cake for a Great Soccer Dad


For my boyfriend's father's 60th birthday I made him a soccer themed cupcake tower.  They truly are a soccer family, each of the boys having played for years and Mike, taking after his dad, became a goalie.  So a soccer themed cake seemed most fitting.  It was even topped off with a cake soccer ball and a bobble-head look-a-like of the birthday boy ... after all, it's not every day you turn 60!


The cupcakes and cake flavour was vanilla chocolate chip with white and dark chips; all vegan!  The icing, also vegan, is vanilla flavoured dyed green to make the soccer field "grass."


I even went so far as to have us "sign" the cake, that is, I rolled fondant on a few of the cupcakes and with food coloring pens we were each able to sign our name and birthday wishes.


When I saw this soccer cake topper set I just couldn't resist,  I liked the added touch and dimension it brings to the overall tower.  Everyone was delighted by the bobble, loved the cake display and couldn't wait to dig in.  It didn't take long for everyone to enjoy but most importantly, the guest of honor was happy.

Happy 60th Birthday Rick!

No comments:

Post a Comment